is type of classification of immunomodulatory agent and also comes under the group of an antiangiogenic agent.
Lenalid 5mg is a functional analogue of thalidomide.
is primarily indicated for the treatment of conditions like;
→ Multiple myeloma
→ Transfusion dependent myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) patients with deletion of 5q cytogenetic deformity with or without cytogenetic abnormalities
→ Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)
→ Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Availability of strength: 5MG
Manufactured by: Natco
Container: 30 capsules
In adult dose:
For Myelodysplastic disease:10mg orally once daily
For Multiple Myeloma: with dexamethasone combination taken 25 mg orally once daily on days 1- 21 of 28 day repeated cycles.
For lymphoma:25 mg orally once daily on days 1-21 days of repeated 28 days cycle
Swallow the whole medicine with one glass of water, do not chew or crush it.
Lenalid taken with or without food.
DRUG INTERACTION :
Interaction with erthropoietic agents may increase risk of thrombosis
Interaction with digoxin,ketoconazole,itraconazole,
ciclosporin, verapamil may lead to increase plasma concentration.
Food interaction: Avoid Echinacea (immunostimultant properties)
is an immunomodulatory agent with antiangiogenic and antineoplastic property. It prevents proinflammatory cytokines secretion, develop the interleukin-2 and interferon-γ secretion, and increases cytolytic T-cell and natural killer cell response.
interferes with the growth of myeloma cells by activating cell cycle arrest and cell breakdown.
Absorption: well absorbed. Time to peak plasma concentration: Approx 0.6-1.5 hr. Absorption extent may be decreased by high-fat and high-calorie meal.
Distribution: Small amount of semen is present in Lenalid. Plasma protein binding: Approx 30%.
Metabolism: Poorly metabolised.
Excretion: Elimination through urine (approx 66% as unchanged drug). Elimination half-life: 3-5 hr.
Inform your doctor about previously taking medicine involved in prescription and non prescription, over the counter, vitamins, herbal, nutritional supplements.
Kindly discuss with health care professional if you are pregnant or chance of to be pregnant before starting this treatment.
For both men and women: Do not conceive a child (get pregnant) whileon treatment with Lenalid5mg. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended. Discuss with your consultants , it will be safe to become pregnant or conceive a child after treatment.
Avoid breast feed while on medication therapy.
While pregnancy, lenalid administration is contraindicated cause fetal harm.allergic reaction are contraindicated in patient who have developed hypersensitivity.
Category x: In pregnancy , there is a evidence of fetal risk on both human and animal. The use of drug in pregnant is risk clearly. The drug is contraindicated to pregnant women.
lenalid 5mg tablets are possiblely unsafe during breastfeeding. The drug will affect risk to the infants. Please cosult with doctor before the treatment.
Lenalid 5mg store below 300C.
Store in a tight container, protected from sunlight, moisture and freezing
Keep it in children resistance
Use before the expiry date of the medicine
Discuss with your healthcare professional that how to dispose the drug.
Shortness of breath, nose bleeding, swelling in bone, head pain, low level in potassium, fatigue, insomnia, limb pain, muscle cramps, nasopharyngitis, nausea, peripheral edema, pharyngitis, pruritus, skin rash, vomiting, anorexia, and xeroderma, pneumonia, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, abdominal pain, anemia, arthralgia, asthenia, back pain, constipation, cough, diarrhea, dizziness.
Other side effects include:
Deficiency in WBC, diarrhae, muscle pain, low in BP,magnesium level,thyroid levels, fast heart beating, peripheral neuropathy, rhinitis, upper abdominal pain, bruise, diaphoresis, dysgeusia, ecchymoses, erythema, and xerostomia. febrile neutropenia, cellulitis, chest pain, depression,difficulty in urine, hypoesthesia, increased serum alanine aminotransferase ,night sweat
MISSED DOSE :
If the drug dose is missed then consume it immediately before next dose time, If the time reaches for next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular schedule. Avoid taking double dose at a time. Please consult with the doctor
Prescription Medication Policy
1. millionpharmacy.com, a fully licensed and regulated pharmacy, takes all precautions to strictly abide by the laws and regulations set forth in the dispensing of prescription medications. By placing the order for your prescription medicines, you acknowledge and accept the following terms regarding the purchase of any prescription medicines.
2. millionpharmacy.com will not dispense any prescription medication without a valid prescription from a licensed physician.
3. If you are ordering prescription medication(s), you hereby confirm that you will send us a scanned copy of your valid prescription(s) via email, fax, Whatsapp, or by post, and this prescription shall then be subject to the scrutiny of and approval by our qualified Pharmacists.
4. The drug information provided in the millionpharmacy.com is for informative purposes only and this Website is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. We are not liable for any adverse effects or harm to you as a result of your reliance on the information in the Website.
5. millionpharmacy.com requires either the User or Customer or the Caregiver to confirm he/she is completely aware of the indications, side effects, drug interactions, effects of missed dose or overdose of the medicines he/she orders from us. It is imperative to seek professional advice from your physician before purchasing or consuming any medicine from millionpharmacy.com
6. At millionpharmacy.com, a Caregiver can order prescription medicines on your behalf.